- 220 grams brown sugar, packed
- 113.5 grams butter, softened
(plus 56.75 grams)
- 51.25 grams shortening
- 218.75 grams all-purpose flour
- 80 grams rolled oats
- 6 grams salt
- 2.3 grams baking soda
- 2.3 grams cinnamon
- 108 grams Tree Top 51% Blueberry/49% Apple Flake Powder
- 1½ cups Tree Top 1/4″ Apple Grind
- 8.66 grams Northwest Naturals Blueberry Flavoring
- 174.4 grams Northwest Naturals Blueberry Concentrate WONF
- 123.5 grams Tree Top Applesauce
- 118.5 grams water
- 123 grams light corn syrup
Preheat the oven to 400°F
In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar, butter and shortening until smooth. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Set aside 2 cups of this mixture. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9″x13″ baking pan.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the water, flake powder, apple grind and applesauce. Mix together 5 tablespoons corn syrup, flavoring and WONF. Add to saucepan. Stir until thickened (not long). Cool slightly. Spread over the oat mixture.
Mix the reserved oat mixture with ¼ cup softened butter and sprinkle over the top of the apple layer. Press down lightly. Drizzle with about one tablespoon of corn syrup.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Cut while slightly warm and refrigerate any leftover bars.
Makes 36 servings.